What a night! What a GREAT day to be alive. I never know what to say on occasions such as these. Even though I wanted Trump to win and anticipate his win, I nonetheless find myself rather surprised. Some thoughts:
- Crypto shitlords were out there and came out in force. Based on the conversations that I personally took part in and conversations that overheard from time to time, it was clear to me that there were more people who understood the gravity of this election and had no intention of voting for a globalist, corporatist shill like Clinton over a nationalist maverick like Trump. However, much of Shitlord Nation felt cowed into silence by the bullying and the inquisitorial e-tactics of the #I’mWithHer crowd.
- The Left is horrible at meme warfare. This is clearly the New Right/Alt-Right’s forte. Perceiving the enthusiasm gap between (sometimes rabid) Trump supporters and (largely tepid) Clinton supporters, and also perceiving the success that the Right has had with such non-sequitur memes as Pepe and the hook-nosed Shylock, the Left seized upon Trump’s offhand comment about Clinton’s being a “nasty woman” in a failed attempt to meme the desirability of their patently shitty candidate and the inevitability of a Clinton victory into being. The fact that they had to derive such a subpar meme from the distracted musings of their archnemesis should have told them that they were doomed for failure. Nevertheless, a fawning and sycophantic press trapped in an echo chamber gave this meme far more attention than it actually merited. Which leads us to…
- The Media is not in the business of reporting news, it is in the business of creating news and manufacturing faux consensus. Rather than accurately identifying the nature of the zeitgeist, they tried to create an entirely new reality based on misrepresentation, aspersion casting and wishful thinking.
- The Media lies incessantly. The MSM lied up until the last. They lied about Trump being a rapist, they lied about Clinton being the best candidate, they lied about Clinton being preferred over Sanders, they lied about Trump supporters being bigots, they lied about Clinton leading Trump even as he was polling ahead of her, they lied about the depths of Clinton’s corruption. Make no doubt about it. This election heralds the end of the MSM as we know it.
- Third party bids are for faggots. After this election, no one will ever take third parties in America seriously again. Trump won decisively even with asshole Gary Johnson playing spoiler. Third parties are typically infested with bitter nincompoops and faggots who think themselves righteous because they don’t like the “regressive Left” and think of the nation state as an unfortunate relic of the past while bowing to the gods of free trade, perpetual growth and marijuanas. Read: lolbertarians.
- New Hampshire was a weird bellwether. While viewing the election coverage, I couldn’t help but notice that NH was undeclared but seemed to be leaning red for much of the race. I found this interesting, as Clinton won the NH primary handily back in 2008 and Obama won the state both in 2008 and 2012. I realized that if a state that reliably left and thoroughly cucked was leaning red, that portended not so great things for Clinton. In fact, I thought to myself that this close call situation effectively meant that Trump was guaranteed the win. Of course, I was right.
I think that this win is great for the nation. In spite of all of the histrionics of the Left I think that the final analysis will show that this win served to temper some worse and far more destructive impulses that were in the groundswell while keeping a hard right reset/correction at bay for slightly longer. I know that the road ahead is still uncertain and rough, and that Trump detractors will seek ways to make his presidency a failure. While I refrain from placing my faith in man and while I know that hope is not a plan, I still hope for a great four years. I’m fairly certain that we’ll have it.